MOKA Analytics leverages machine intelligence to enhance business decision-making. Our suite of proprietary technology tools are focused on driving smarter, faster, and better integrated decisions within large organizations, disrupting the traditional strategy services delivery model.
Our flagship product, the Winning Model, is the preferred strategy analytics platform for some of the world's largest consumer companies. Simply stated, our clients use the Winning Model to make decisions on how to best allocate resources to growth initiatives. If you are are excited about solving problems in a business context, shaping an early stage product, and working with a team of top performers, let's start a conversation.Learn More
About The Role
In partnership with our product engineerings, our Data Engineers are responsible for identifying issues with our engineering workflows, client data, iterating on improvements, and measuring the impact across MOKA — all through analysing and contributing back to our core software platform.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement ETLs for integrating client data with our strategic planning solution, the Winning Model
- Collaborate with our business deployment lead to create a repeatable process for client requirement analysis and client verification of processed data
- Analyze and integrate strategic business data from a variety of sources (finance, logistics, etc.) across a variety of vendors and clients
- Collaborate with business analysts to design and implement business logic for handling missing data, data standardization, and linking datasets
- Architect re-usable data infrastructure to make future client data integration more efficient
- Collaborate with our engineers, our business analysts, and client stakeholders to ensure rapid, accurate, on-boarding of our product
- Document ETL and data infrastructure specifications
- Validate specifications with our client stakeholders, and create verification reports for ETL output
- Mentor and lead junior data engineers
- Bachelor’s degree (or advanced degree) in Computer Science or related field
- You are detail and process-oriented while fully in command of the overall objectives
- 3+ years’ experience delivering and leading ETL and/or data integration projects at a leading data integration or IT consulting firm
- 2+ years’ experience with Informatica PowerCenter and/or Informatica Cloud
- 5+ years’ experience with using programming languages such as Python and Java for data manipulation/processing
- 5+ years’ experience with RDBMS databases (MSSQL, etc.)
- Experience extracting data from RESTful APIs, business applications, Excel files, and flat files
- Experience with data warehousing concepts such as ODS, DM, and OLAP is a plus
Perks & Benefits
In addition to an engaging and dynamic work environment that promotes professional development and self-growth, we offer a lot of perks too: medical and flexible paid time off.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. All aspects of consideration for employment with MOKA Analytics are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
New York, NY
5 - 10 People
Posted October 2018
Meet Your Hiring Manager