Marketing careers attract creative and task-driven individuals. Marketing jobs draw on the ability to match the perception of the market with achievable action plans.
Marketing career is the best for those who can manage multiple tasks, long working hours and often travel. Also, this field rewards merit and performance. Marketing is composed of many facets and activities. It’s a highly desirable job for creative thinkers, but the best jobs are tough to get. Often, the best way to get into the right ad agency or land a dream role is to start off as a temp.
The main function of marketing is to take opportunities of ownership over the products or services, better understand the customer’s desires or needs and then translate them into the communication of marketing strategy. Effective Marketing communication can open many doors as a profession in every industry.
Positions Available in Market Research:
- Market Research Director
- Market Research Manager
- Market Research Supervisor
- Market Research Analyst
- Brand Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Advertising Manager
What does a marketing professional do?
People in marketing have to engage in various job duties. Here are some important tasks that marketing professionals perform:
- Research and plan advertising campaigns
- Negotiate contracts, advertising media, or products to be advertised
- Negotiate contracts
- Inspect creative elements and layouts
- Decide which media to advertise in, for example, online, radio, television, print, and billboards
- Meet with clients to present campaigns and offer advice and strategies
- Oversee staff and ensure deadlines are met
- Organize market research studies and analyze their findings
- Develop pricing strategies for products to be marketed, keeping the client’s budget balanced with the firm’s needs.