Non-profit sector attracts many people these days. Thought it is not a new thing yet it has become more popular in these recent years. If someone is worried about making the world a better place or want to give back to his society, working in a non-profit organization can be an ideal choice for them. This industry is simply exploded in last 30 years and this is a great time to start a career in this industry.
There are basically three job titles in the non-profit industry.
- Fundraising and development: Raising funds is essential for the survival and completing the mission of the organization. Developers play an important role in fundraising.
- Marketing: The marketing staff is responsible for promoting the activities and events of the NGO. Smaller organizations have one person marketing department while the bigger departments have a good number of staff.
- Executive: Executives are the chief members of the organizations. They are responsible for managing the events of the organizations, staff and operations. Their job includes taking care of financials as well.
How to succeed in an NGO?
If you want a fulfilling career in NGOs, these few tips will help you to make good impact, get noticed and improve your position.
- Act and behave like a leader.
- Develop your communication skills and use it as much as you can.
- Take smart and calculated risks. It will make you popular among your colleagues.
- Taking responsibility will get you noticed easily.