Putting workers in a chair is not an easy task. You can count upon recruiting agencies to save your company’s time and efforts.
Why you should hire a recruiting agency?
One can yield many benefits by hiring a recruiting agency specially when:
- You have short term hiring needs: Recruiting companies are quiet quicker when it comes to hiring employees. They have a widespread network of candidates. Staffing firms usually have good relationship with these candidates. They hire these candidates on role and assign them to clients who are looking for short-term employees.
- You want to enhance your pipeline with qualified employees: Recruiting agencies fills your pipeline with good leads. It allows managers to make decisions easily.
- You want an employee for a specialized role: Internal recruiters usually have less experience when it comes to hiring for a specialized or executive role. This kind of recruitment needs special skills and learning. Recruiting agencies have this kind of knowledge along with special sourcing methods. Their niche job boards also play an important role. To get your account prioritized you could pay them an upfront fee.
Basically, when you are hiring at initial phase, recruiting agencies take over the process and work on it efficiently. The initial steps of hiring include resume screening; phone screening and first interviews are taken care of by the hiring company.
Recruiting agencies are more like a substitute to internal recruiters of the company. Usually, small companies do not have any recruiting departments, and they outsource their hiring process through recruitment companies.
This way they save a part of money and spend that money on channelizing other departments. On the other hand, there are companies which do not hold regular recruitments. Such companies hire recruitment agencies and downsize their size of team to reduce employment cost.
Although, this approach seems extremely practical and reliable yet it has lots of drawbacks.
What happens when recruitment agencies replace the internal recruiters of the company?
Recruiting agencies can be a great support for any company, but they cannot hold the fort all alone. They will face a few limitations. Take a look:
- They are not acquainted with the internal culture of the company.
- It’s not necessary for the managers of recruiting agency to be available at the right moment.
- Parameters for open roles keep changing and recruiting agencies are usually slow to adapt to it.
- They do not have exact idea of what exact skills clients are looking for.
It is due to all these reasons, recruiting agencies alone fail to perform effectively on the part of the company.
Maintain the balance
To combine the positive and negative effects of the agencies, it is most important to strike off a balance between an agency and a recruiting firm. Combining an agency with efficient internal talent hunting team can do wonders. Both of them complement each other perfectly.
In house teams have several benefits:
A good knowledge of company culture: In house recruiting team has a good knowledge of internal culture and first-hand experience of the work place. It helps them to sell better candidates. They recommend hires that fit best to the company. Also, they know which hire can fill the skill gap most effectively.
Relationship with hiring managers: In-house recruiters maintain a healthy relationship with hiring managers and keep explaining them about the criteria and stages of hiring.
They learn from their mistakes: A bad hire or a good hire, they keep learning from their experiences and thus acquire expertise. They exactly know what their company needs.
It is quite simple to understand. A start up of five people definitely does not need any internal recruiter immediately but as it grows, enter new market, launches new products and face a different kind of competition, it would become a necessity for them to invest in human resources.
Initially, recruiting agencies can shoulder your hiring burden but soon the company would have to augment with the internal recruiters. The companies who invest in a better talent acquisition team/platform in times is always better equipped to face future challenges.
(Photo from pexels.com)